Whether you need or only a logo, the process follows the same steps.
Fill out the form on the contact page to get in touch. The next steps are:
- A brief call to get acquainted and discuss project scope, timeline, and budget
- I’ll send a proposal and contract
- If approved, a standard 50% deposit* is required to begin
- Remaining payment is due after the work is completed, net 15-30 days
*On larger projects, payment plans with milestones may be appropriate.
Brand questionnaire will kick off your project. This will serve as a jumping-off point for future conversation, and to help organize your thoughts. Your answers don’t need to be polished, don’t worry.
- Brand discovery questionnaire about your history, competitors, and goals in a fillable/clickable PDF
- Target audience — their goals, problems, and desired outcomes
- Brand archetype — a symbolic character that fits your organization
- Brand intangibles — besides your product or service, it’s what else you offer
- Brand qualities — a big list of adjectives to draw from
- Brand spectrum — where your brand should be positioned on several continua
- Manifesto brainstorm — thought-starters to elicit who you are, and who you’re not
Depending on your business, we can also use additional tools such as creating audience personas or conducting simple stakeholder surveys.
- Samples — You’ll gather and send samples of your existing branding, if you have any, or inspiration from brands you like.
Inspiration samples for KDM Cruise logo design
- Research & Review — We’ll have video meetings (one or two, depending on your project) to talk over your worksheet answers in more depth, evaluate your existing materials, review competitors’ branding, and discuss moodboards of visual examples I’ve selected to get your feedback.
- The creative process begins!
- I gather all the information and hit the drawing board to purge ideas for visual direction.
- 3 initial concepts based on the chosen direction will be presented.
- Phone call, video meeting, or email to review initial concepts.
As needed, we’ll refine the selected concept further.
How a round of revisions works:
- You’ll gather feedback internally.
- You’ll provide all of the feedback at one time.
- I’ll confirm the requested edits and make the revisions.
- I’ll submit a new draft for review.
Once the feedback is used to create a new draft of a design, that completes one round of revisions.
*A project scope includes 3 rounds of revisions. More are always available, billed at an hourly rate. (It usually takes less than 3 rounds per project component.)
After approval of designs, I’ll create and deliver all final artwork files to you.
If needed, I’ll contact printers for quotes and manage the printing process for you. If your project includes a brand style guide, all the elements of your brand identity design—logo, typography, color palette, photography style, icons, etc.— will be captured in this document. The result is a valuable reference to keep your visuals on-brand going forward.
Allow 6-8 weeks for a typical brand identity project. Allow 3-4 weeks for a logo-only project.Get Started